Serbian name
Stara Pazova
Former name
Hungarian name
Ópazova
Slovak name
Stará Pazova
German name
Alt-Pazua
English description
Jews began settling in Stara Pazova in the 18th century. In 1903, the community purchased the building in 2 Cyril and Methodius Street and used it as a synagogue. There was also a Jewish school. Before the Holocaust, 54 Jews lived in this town. The synagogue building was demolished in 1942. There is no memorial-plaque on the site.
Bibliography
Pavle ҆osberger, Sinagoge u Vojvodini (Novi Sad: Prometej, 1998), 104-105. Vojvodina nakon 1941.

Back to locations